CSITA nongovernment organization was founded in 2002 for the purpose of supporting development and use of ICT in agrarian sector (agriculture, forestry, water management, environment, food environment and manufacturing industry) and in countryside in general (in rural regions). The aim of CSITA organization is mainly:
- Meetings, conferences, seminars, trainings and workshops management and support for publication of members´ activities results.
- Research, advisory and consultancy activities in area of ICT in agrarian sector and in rural regions.
- Promoton and support of Open Research.
- Support for educational activities focused on the area of applied informatics.
- Promotion and support of Open Education.
- Expanse of useful SW and HW applications.
International cooperation has been realised primarily by active membership in EFITA (European Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture, Food and the Environment), cooperation and shared knowledge with national members of EFITA and its partner organizations: AFITA (Asian Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture), PanAfita(Pan-American Federation for Information Technology in Agriculture), INFITA (International Network for Information Technology in Agriculture) and others.